Psalm 10 (NIV)
1. Why, Lord, do you stand far off? Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble?
2. In his arrogance the wicked man hunts down the weak, who are caught in the schemes he devises.
3. He boasts about the cravings of his heart; he blesses the greedy and reviles the Lord.
4. In his pride the wicked man does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God.
5. His ways are always prosperous; your laws are rejected by him;he sneers at all his enemies.
6. He says to himself, “Nothing will ever shake me.” He swears, “No one will ever do me harm.”
10 His victims are crushed, they collapse;
they fall under his strength.
11 He says to himself, “God will never notice;
he covers his face and never sees.”
12 Arise, Lord! Lift up your hand, O God.
When a member returned from a visit to PY last year, he felt an overwhelming sense that what needs to be done in NK can only be done by a move of God, a raising of His hand. The hold on the land and people was of such brutal, sterile, and precise manifestation of darkness that transformation could only come from multiple, God orchestrated, global events. What has transpired since then has been a confluence of such unexpected events that seems to have set the stage for a substantive change in the status quo. An engagement minded leader came to be in SK and a bellicose, confrontational leader came to be in the US. A push and pull dynamic to NK approach as the nations move forward. So, at this juncture of global focus on NK, let’s come together with a hope-filled heart and seek the Lord to “Lift up” His hand over the land of NK. Not to strike it down, but to lift up its people in peace, freedom, and hope for the day of bringing His presence there. Lord, we thank you that you will move, mightily, and with fervor, in the land of NK, even as you lay your gentle hands of mercy and grace upon the hearts of the people. And as David prayed from his place of confidence in you, “Arise, Lord! Lift up your hand O God.” In Jesus’ Name, A-men.
For the September Prayer Gathering: September 2, 2017, 5:00 p.m., at a member’s residence in Bethesda, MD. Please RSVP to email@example.com (for address) if you are able to attend.
Let’s continue to petition our Lord for freedom to reign in NK. Perhaps this is the moment, an opportunity to partner with our God, in prayer, for such a time as this.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org (for address) if you are able